We are seeking an individual to assist the Director of Community Services to ensure smooth functioning of the Refugee Support and Immigration Services Department.
As Assistant, you will perform administrative tasks associated with Refugee Supports Services grant/program compliance along with Immigration Services.
Additionally, as the Assistant, you will learn client and program tracking systems, and provide technical assistance to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
This position will provide the opportunity to grow your skills, advance your career, and gain experience in Refugee Support and Immigrant services.
By joining our diverse and compassionate team, you will be contributing to serve Refugees and Immigrants in the region
- Administer accurate and timely client intake and assessment to assist with the completion of the Employment Services Plan;
- Provide comprehensive case management to clients to encourage, motivate, and address barriers to employment opportunities, while also building relationships with community stakeholders;
- Effectively collaborate with the Program’s grant constituents, volunteers, and interns who assist in employment activities with the client;
- Effectively communicate job opportunities, utilizing the client's own network of connections as well as their own;
- Effectively work with clients to follow-up on any possible employment leads;
- Respond immediately to all job leads communicated by the job developer;
- Partner with the job developer to address issues of on-going retention, while also communicating with the employer and update the job developer on all progress;
- Participate in team meetings;
- If applicable to program, ensure appropriate preparation at job development meetings by providing a list of clients who are immediately ready to interview for jobs;
- Maintain client case files including eligibility, intake, assessment, progress and program required information;
- Contact each client as required, while maintaining a documented log of contacts;
- Prepare client case files for review;
- Collect, record and report information as required to supervisor and colleagues in a timely manner;
- Proactively work to eliminate barriers to service accessibility by providing assistance in locating resources for childcare, transportation, interpreter, specific assistance fund and home management;
- May interpret and translate (or access translator) for interviews with employers, initial job training or retention needs, or meetings at community agencies, as needed;
- Collect, translate, and distribute information regarding employment, language, medical, legal, social services, housing, and other support services available in the local County and surrounding communities;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Work, or equivalent field of study from an accredited college (strongly preferred in some programs);
- Prior work experience in community development, business and/or a child welfare agency in a social work capacity;
- Bi-lingual language speaking required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and effective partnerships across varied populations;
- Must possess the ability to engage, and communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals;
- Must possess excellent observation, and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Able to collect and analyze date and information accurately;
- Microsoft Office, computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Must have an ability to work flexible work hours to include some evenings and weekends;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.