This individual reports to the Program Supervisor.
Assists with the day to day operations of a 30 bed transitional housing program for homeless veterans.
Job Location is St. Francis Commons – 504 Penn Ave. Scranton, PA 18509
Position is primarily evenings and weekends.
Job Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assist with transportation with agency vehicle, provide on-site security, medication management, completion of paperwork and some data entry, maintaining program logs and paperwork, answering of agency phones and monitoring on-site facility cameras.
This individual will be responsible for carrying out daily monitoring of program residents and is responsible to adhere to all Policies and Procedures defined by the program.
The individual will be evaluated on performance during the three month probationary period and annually thereafter, according to the anniversary date of hire.
Scheduled work time is to be flexible so as to guarantee responsive and meaningful supervision of residents.
Scheduled work time will be in compliance with the Federal wage and hour regulations.
- Maintains residential life in a harmonious manner, free of tension and stress so that all residents can live together comfortably.
- Keep accurate records for each residents.
- Document and identify any unusual behavior, subsequent events, direction and intervention in resident’s progress notes and in the staff communication log.
- Maintain documentation regarding whereabouts/activity of each resident on an hourly basis.
- Teach residents appropriate interaction and activity of daily living skills.
- Document any ongoing goal attainment for each resident and refer any concerns to their assigned primary case manager for immediate action and follow-up.
- Complete an incident report in the event of an unusual occurrence, medical or emergency situation.
- Monitor all medication as prescribed by physicians.
- Participate in ongoing in-service/out service training programs where required.
- The Diocese of Scranton requires all employees of CSS complete VIRTUS training.
- Attend supervisory meetings as assigned.
- Follow and enforce program house rules.
- Monitor all residents sleeping patterns.
- Direct residents who remain awake or awaken after curfew to return to bed
- Discourage long conversations.
- Residents must be medicated within their prescription time frames with the priority of having residents medicated prior to oncoming shifts.
- Give clear and concise shift reports with regard to each resident to oncoming staff. Be sure to inform morning staff of all scheduled appointments and/or resident requirements for that day.
- It is expected that call-in staff will work at least two (2) major holidays per year.
- Other duties as assigned to you by the Program Supervisor or Catholic Social Services administrative Staff.
- The individual will possess a high school diploma; an associates or bachelor degree is desired, however, experience may be substituted.
- The individual must be of good moral character, dependable, reliable, and emotionally stable.
- The individual must be able to pass a physical examination upon employment and annually thereafter.
- The individual must possess a current/valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and must have access to an insured automobile while on duty.
- The individual must consent to a criminal record check through both Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH, FBI Clearance, and the State Child Abuse Clearance.
- He/She must provide complete details of any arrest records they may possess and the outcome.
- He/She must consent to random drug and alcohol testing.
- The individual must be trained and certified in CPR, AED and First Aide. If the individual does not hold current valid certifications, training will be provided for the individual during the employment orientation period (first 40 hours).
- The Diocese of Scranton requires all employees complete an initial VIRTUS training Program, designed to empower organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church.
- Employees will also be required to monitor the VIRTUS websites and complete any internet updates as they become assigned.
- Employees must also complete all other trainings programs, out services, in-services, conferences, seminars, conventions, etc., as assigned by the Training Coordinator.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.