To provide comprehensive services to runaway and homeless youth ages 12 to 17 years old and their families who reside in Luzerne County. Caseworker will provide individual, family and group counseling services. Services will be provided in office along
with home visits when required. To provide emergency shelter when needed. Caseworker will work in accordance with local magistrates, schools and law enforcement to provide services and obtain referrals.
- Adheres to established regulations, policies and procedures of the overall agency and their specific component.
- Attends seminars, conferences, and training to enhance skills and job performance as directed by supervisor, subject to approval of the Program Manager.
- Interprets agency programs, policies, and/or procedures to individuals, groups, and agencies as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Works in close cooperation with other social agencies, hospitals, clinics, courts, and community resources in planning to meet the needs of clients and assists clients in utilizing their resources.
- Prepares dictation and record keeping as required by specific agency department programs on a timely basis as directed by supervisors.
- Obtains information from clients, clients’ families, and significant others necessary for the identification of social, economic, emotional, health, or physical problems, assisting clients in obtaining a wide variety of services and/or treatment in terms
of crisis intervention, on-going counseling, and after care.
- Provides direct clinical advocacy and/or supportive services (minimum 50% billable time) to individual clients, members of their families, and/or significant others to aid them in achieving a more satisfactory adjustment to their problems or situations.
- Performs related duties as requested or assigned. Participates with department and/or agency intake systems and “on call” after hours services as scheduled.
Other duties, as assigned.
- This position reports to the Runaway Supervisor for supervision, direction, monitoring and evaluation of job performance for this classification.
- This position requires a valid PA driver's license and insurance
- a minimum Bachelor's Degree in social work or related fields
- Child Line, PA State Police, and FBI background checks done by employer prior to beginning employment
- VIRTUS training (employer provided) is also required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.