To assist the Controller with the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department of Catholic
Social Services. This includes analysis of accounts, monthly reports to the Governing Board, preparation of
budgets, oversight of the accounting functions, preparation of monthly and year end financial
statements, completion of tax form 990, and providing support for Program Managers.
- To assist with the preparation of regional office budgets and a consolidated budget on a timely basis for presentation to the Governing Board for approval.
- Oversight of the accounting function for Catholic Social Services including analysis of accounts, financial statement preparation, monthly and year end closings.
- To prepare tax forms 990 for two 501(c)(3) corporations.
- To assist with preparation of budgets necessary to meet requirements of the various funding sources of
- Catholic Social Services.
- To provide financial data and skills for grant proposals and funding projects.
- To assist with the coordination of the annual audit of Catholic Social Services.
- To provide support to Program Managers with regards to financial matters.
- To perform other duties as assigned that may be required to meet the needs of Catholic Social Services.
- To accept assignments deemed necessary to carrying out the day to day activities related to the financial operations of Catholic Social Services.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- A minimum five years of experience as an accountant responsible for monthly close, account analysis, overseeing all functions related to accounting and reporting.
- Must be a self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the mission and goals of the Roman Catholic Church, the Diocese and Catholic Social Services.
- The individual must consent to the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Clearance and FBI Clearance.
- The Diocese of Scranton requires that all employees complete an initial VIRTUS Training Program, designed to empower organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church. Employees will also be
required to monitor the VIRTUS website and complete any internet updates as they become assigned.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.