Shelter Security Staff position available immediately.
The Divine Providence Shelter of Catholic Social Services is located at 81 North Laurel Street, Hazleton. Divine Providence is an emergency shelter, providing temporary shelter to homeless men and women.
This is a part-time position, requiring 20 hours / week. This position will report to the Program Supervisor for supervision, direction, monitoring, and evaluation.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- intake and admission duties for residents
- record preparation and maintenance
- supervision of residents while at the shelter
- attendance at staffing meetings, trainings, certification programs to enhance job skills, and any other required meetings
- shelter maintenance in accordance with established rules & regulations, as well as program policies, procedures, & standards
- adherence to all Agency and program-specific policies and procedures as defined by the Facility Manager / Shleter Coordinator
This position requires:
- minimum high school diploma or GED, altough a Bachelors Degree is preferred
- valid PA drivers license
- ability to navigate stairs and lift at least 50 pounds
- FBI, PA State Police, and Child Line background checks, completed by employer prior to beginning employment
- mandate reporter and VIRTUS training (employer provided) are also required
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.